map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! (Imagine that in America Lol!)

I got there at 4:00 for a walk-in x-ray of my wrist. Waited in a line from *** and finally getting up to the counter, was told the x-ray technician left early. So had to drive back (more valuable time wasted!) the next day where I had to wait in ANOTHER LONG LINE, and was then told that they had not received my referral. So had to do it AGAIN!!! Never going back there!

User's recommendation: GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

JBT P

Verified Reviewer

SimonMed needs to be shut down!!!

Original review Mar 25, 2024

Horrible service!!! Incompetent staff!!!

This is now the 4th, possibly 5th appt. that I have had in a 2 year span that was messed up!!

Appt. was on 3/22/2024, 2:30pm.

I called to speak to someone at their appointment office (a manager) and still have received no all back after I was assured that I would. So, this review goes live NOW!!!

I'm done with their B.S.!!! It's a long one...sorry!!! I am so angry!!!

First , I will preface this by saying I am extremely claustrophobic and cannot do a regular MRI and that is how/why I found this location. It is a true "open" MRI facility.

That being said i called to make my appt.

at the location on Missouri Ave., Phoenix, AZ. The young lady on the phone mentioned that my doc may only accept a certain type of MRI but made my appointment anyway. I explained to her that I was extremely claustrophobic. Again, she went ahead and made the appt.

She also assured me that I would get a call from Simon Med if there was any issue between what the doc ordered and this facility. NO CALL WAS EVER RECEIVED that there was a issue. (Never did she once say I needed to contact my doctor to make sure this was OK or believe me, I would have!)

Fast forward to my appt. on 3/22/24.

I called at noon, what I thought was the site I was scheduled at, as I live an HOUR away when there's no traffic. I called to make sure they were running on time because I've been to this location a few times and each time they were running severely late, which I get. Sometimes that happens. I wound up talking to someone at a call center who assured me my appt.

was still as scheduled. That was not an answer to my question. I then asked to speak to someone at the actual center and he said he was transferring me to them. The phone rang at least 10 times, if not more, and no one ever answered the call.

I get to my appt.

only to be told, yep, you guessed it! They are running late and just taking their 12:30 appt. at 1:45, and there was another appt. scheduled after that and before me.

So let's do the math here 1:45 hours late plus another 30 min. (so i was told) appt. ahead of my 2:30 appt. That's 2 hours and 15 minutes late for me.

I showed up when I was supposed to. When I told her i tried calling to confirm if they were running on time and the call center transferred me to their site she stated "Oh, well we don't have phones here that we can answer calls on. Huh??? Even if that is the case, there had to have been a back up prior to the 12:30 appt being an hour and 45 mins late.

Why was I not called about this and asked to come later??? You're running almost 2 hours late and you don't call people that have appts following that late ones??? I know you have phones that you can call out on because you did it while I was there!!!

So, while I'm out front waiting I am asked for my doc order. My reply was that they already had it.

The tech tells me no, that's for a CT scan, (mind you it's at a completely different location and on a completely different date!). I tell him you also have an order for the MRI for here for today. He and the receptionist finally locate the order and he calls me back to the dressing area and said it'll just be a few minutes.

The tech then comes back and says the doc specifically ordered an MRI no less than 1.5 and this center only offers a .6 and they had to call him for approval. The tech stated he looked at the CT order this morning, not the MRI order.

Again, my CT is not even until until next week AND at a completely different location. Why is the tech telling me he pulled his appts for the DAY this morning? Today is the 22nd. My CT is on the 27th, again at a completely different location.

Are you serious???

Simon med had this order for at least 2 weeks now. Fast forward... behold my doc does not approve the stand up MRI. Now, I've wasted all this time and energy on a non-existent appt.

Why was this not caught and taken care of by the phone call I was told i would get if there was an issue when i was making the initial appt???

Which would have been long before i wasted my time driving over 1 hour to the center, sitting for an additional hour in the lobby because they were running so late and then sitting for another 30 minutes in the dressing room only to find out that my MRI could not be done??? Not to mention, I wasted almost 2 weeks waiting to get in at this center that i should not have been allowed to even make the appt for. And, I took 4 hours off of work for this???

This is not the first horrible experience with this particular office and probably the 4th or 5th overall horrible experience in the 2 years I have gone to Simon Med. This ratio is not acceptable!!!

After this is all said and done I will not be returning to Simon Med unless I absolutely have to.

I will find elsewhere to go otherwise. And, I will be leaving yet another unfavorable review on Google and anywhere else I can find to do so.

ETA: I will say that they did find another date/time for me to go for the correct scan before I left the center in PHX.

So, that could be considered a feather in their cap. But, I'm still delayed because of the incompetence and because of everything that transpired prior to this, So, to me this is a minor redemption for them and not enough that I will ever go back after these scans are completed.

Pros:
  • There are no pros we will never use them again
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service and incompetent staff

User's recommendation: Absolutely not!!!

Dina L Rng

| map-marker Winter Park, Florida

Resolved: Treatment of Elderly Disabled Mother

Updated by user Apr 11, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. The insurance company called them and explained the situation, they apologized and wanted to reschedule the visit.

My mother promptly said "I will never be back". My mom had her MRI done at another imaging facility and was treated very well.

Original review Mar 12, 2024
I am literally disgusted by yesterday's events. My mother who has a spinal cord injury needed an MRI.

It was scheduled, I drove almost an hour to pick her up. Showed up for her appointment where the receptionist said we called and left you a message, we can't do your MRI you need to go to another office.
Why? You need w/contrast and we don't have a radiologist here today. Why is there no radiologist if it has been scheduled for a month?
"I don't know" but we called you a little while ago
Ok, so we have an hour to kill until the next appt.
Get to the next one and fill out the paperwork only to be told we couldn't have it done their because of an implant my mom has.
Disappointment really sets in now..

The receptionist here was lovely and offered to help find another appt. She also confirmed the order for the MRI DOES NOT include contrast and the first place should have updated it. Ok.. so they we could have gotten it done 1 1/2 hrs ago at the 1st place.
At this point my mom was in quite a bit of pain as it's hard for her navigating in the walker and sitting up for so long.
Next appointment..

an hour and 15minutes later was available. I agreed as the doctor needs this MRI done.
Travel 40 minutes away to get the MRI.
Check-in.. Informed there is no Authorization from the Insurance company on file. Mom explained that Simon Med called on Saturday and confirmed they had the authorization and she is all set.
Now they won't see her and said if she pays self pay they will do it otherwise she has to reschedule her appt.

No offer to try and call to figure things out. Just so blatant and rude!
Needless to say after 4 hours of jumping around to 3 different centers we were mad, upset, disappointed and so much more.
On the ride back to her home she kept apologizing that she wasted my day.

As if, this wasn't on her. This was on them.
Disgusted how they treated my mother and can't even imagine how many more elderly patients with disabilities, perhaps with no support system are getting failed by Simon Med too.

User's recommendation: Use another Imaging center

Ayleen C Rky

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: I went there at Simonmed Aloma winter Park FL 32792. I was told to pay 134$ when I clearly told the rude lady at the front desk that my insurance covered100$. I even put her with my insurance agent.

Simonmed Imaging - I went there at Simonmed Aloma winter Park FL 32792. I was told to pay 134$...
Updated by user Mar 09, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. I have to get on the phone a lot. Untill they finally fRefunded all my money that I knew beforehand I didn't have to pay.

Original review Feb 07, 2024
I have a great insurance. X rays and CT scans are covered by my insurance and they made me pay $134.19 After I paid I verify with my insurance and I wasn't supposed to pay anything. My insurance covered 100% of any X-rays so I came back and put her on the phone with my insurance agent and the receptionist still make up more excuses. My insurance says to wait until they claim. Horrible experience hopefully they refund my money

User's recommendation: Do not pay until you are 100% sure your insurance does not cover.

Nubia Yqw

Terrible customer service service

It was very confusing on how to schedule an appointment with them. I got a text to click this link and go online and schedule it.

After filling out an inordinate amount of information, I get an error message at the end.

I tried to call them several times getting nowhere finally getting cut off. Once I got through to them, they said they had no record of my physician sending the order over. I called my physician and they had sent it over and said they would send it again.

I finally got my appointment scheduled and then received a call that my insurance wasnt going to cover the procedure. They did not leave a dollar amount of how much it would be.

So I called them and reached some person I could barely understand and they asked me for all kinds of information even though they had a record that I had an appointment coming up. He then said his screen had blacked out and left me on hold for over five minutes. When he gets back on the line, he transferred me to their IT department. Yes I am not kidding you to their IT department!!

The poor guy I talked to, of course, could not help me so he transferred me back to the scheduling department where I finally get through to somebody and they gave me the charge that I would be responsible for. This place is a bunch of clowns, and I will never use them again.

Cons:
  • Inept in efficient in a total clown act
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Never ever use these people

Tina M Edz

Inadequate Online Scheduling

My recent experiences with the scheduling system of this healthcare provider have compelled me to share my thoughts, highlighting a significant discrepancy between the professionalism of the staff and the functionality of their appointment scheduling platform. While the individuals working at the various locations uphold a high standard of professionalism, showing genuine care and expertise in their field, the online appointment scheduling system stands in stark contrast due to its serious flaws.

The primary issue lies with the website's functionality or, more accurately, its lack of.

The process requires entering comprehensive personal information, which in itself is no small task, only to be met with an error message upon completion. This wouldn't be as frustrating if it happened once, but it has occurred consistently across multiple attempts to schedule an appointment online.

Further compounding the problem is the system's inability to accurately utilize input data, such as zip codes. Despite living in proximity to several of this provider's locations, the scheduling system persistently directs me to an office 60 miles away. This is not only inconvenient but also unnecessary, given the availability of closer facilities.

The website's failure to offer alternative locations, despite clear evidence of their existence, is bewildering and a significant oversight in design.

This issue has persisted across three separate attempts to schedule an appointment, each ending in frustration and a consequent need to bypass the system entirely by resorting to telephone scheduling. Such repeated failures point to a deeply flawed scheduling system, perhaps the most troublesome I have encountered.

Given these experiences, I am compelled to seek services where the process of scheduling appointments appears to be more straightforward and user-friendly. It is crucial for the original provider to address these technical issues.

Enhancing the online scheduling system should be a priority, ensuring it is as competent and professional as the staff who operate within the facilities. Without such improvements, it is likely that more patients will seek alternatives, as I have, to avoid unnecessary stress and inconvenience.

Pros:
  • Professional staff
Cons:
  • Website does not allow appts near my home
  • Website does not allow easy navigation

Preferred solution: An appointment that isn’t 60 miles away from my house when there are facilities a lot closer

User's recommendation: Select another provider who won’t make you jump through hoops to schedule online, only to be given the wrong location

Rebecca G Qqv

| map-marker Bradenton, Florida

Horrible Customer Service

Original review Apr 01, 2024
I have spent 3 hours of my time to book a PET Scan. First everything is covered by Medicare and supplemental insurance then one day later and they are cancelling my appointment. Now they want $1000 from me with no explanation why things have changed. Their phone system is also terrible and I have been disconnected by them as many times as I have had a successful transfer to a department. I will never deal with these people EVER!!!
Cons:
  • Very bad customer service and accounting

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Avoid like the plague

Carita Tvd

| map-marker Tampa, Florida

Resolved: Post Prostate MRI IV extraction

My name is Victor Lugo Carrion & had a MRI this a.m @ approx. 10:45, which went well, until, he (technician), decided to extract the IV tube by pulling on the IV cord, instead of Gently extracting it by the green handle it is attached to. Veins are delicate, & He should know that.

User's recommendation: Customer Note

Michelle H Llg

| map-marker Manila, National Capital Region

Walk in xrays not available anywhere!

I have tried at multiple locations in the last to days and have not been able to get an xray! Every clinic has signs up saying no more xrays although it does not say that on the online walk in checker! I have never had more problems trying to get a test done! They shouls accept appts for xrays! Otherwise you are just going into clinics blind!!

Allex Ooy

Rescheduled me multiple times

I called to schedule a breast MRI due to a cancer diagnosis.

First appt scheduled and they called me back within an hour to say that technician was not experienced with contrast and they need to reschedule.

Second appointment I am 5 min away and they call and say the technician has never done a breast MRI and we need to reschedule

Third appointment I get there and it is a dump and I get told they are running 45 minutes behind and then 15 minutes later I am told they cannot do my MRI because the doctor reading the imaging is too busy and would not be able to do mine

Every time I am in one of their locations they are either telling me or another patient that a machine is broken

When I went for my ultrasound and mammogram at 10AM they were already running 90 minutes behind

They are terrible! Would not recommend.

Cons:
  • Broken machines
  • Unable to do appts
  • Constantly running behind
Christina J Xcq

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Prescott, Arizona

Not patient centered

Simonmed Imaging - Not patient centered
This company told me that if I go through my insurance I will probably have to pay $1000, if I wanted our images today I can pay $415.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Appropriate turn around times
Cons:
  • Bullied into pay self pay to receive services

Preferred solution: The billing services to bill my insurance for services rendered.

User's recommendation: Proceed with caution

Raymond B Pvq

The Simon med in Laveen really is bad for this area

Went in for a X-ray and it did not happen. Sat in the waiting for a hour and started to get anxious, then after the hour or so wait they announce X-ray tech is not there, shes on her way ten minutes. Hour and half wait she wanders through the door. So in two hours nothing happened I could stay any more. I have a spouse I take care of and had to leave. We in Laveen deserves to have better service than this.
Pros:
  • Auhatukee is good

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Look for a better place than this one

Tiffanie Usj
map-marker Saint Johns, Florida

Warning for customers do not go to Simon Med.

I called to make an appointment on Friday March 2024 for an X-ray I was told by a phone call from Simonmed's office, and, by the auto mated system at Simonmed's office to walk in at anytime anyday so, I walked in on March 12th 2024 in the afternoon the people at the front desk said that they couldn't perform my X-ray because, they were short-staffed I told them it was urgent my primary care doctor said so, and ,she also, said that it was an emergency the lady at the front desk said that they were short staffed all week long they didn't even have the courtesy to call me and tell me that they were short-staffed so do not come in, on the automated system and , by calling me they should have mentioned that they were short-staffed all week long instead of wasting my time and gas money to go there and then refuse me of service when it was urgent and, it was an emergency. Very very rude and , inconsiderate and, ill mannered and, un courtesyed people at the front desk.

User's recommendation: Do not go to Simon Med Ever.

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

COVID, monkeypox, mask-optional policy: Are we safe? Watch an expert interview with Prof. Karen Jubanyik from Yale to learn more about viruses and how to stay protected.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Hena Ulh
map-marker Saint Johns, Florida

Inconsiderate careless people at Simon Med.

I called on March 8th 2024 for an appointment for an X-ray I was told by the auto mated system and, by a phone call from them to walk in at anytime so, I walked in on March 13th 2024 in the afternoon I was told that I can't have my X-ray done because, they are short staffed this whole week I told them that my primary care doctor said that it was urgent and, it was an emergency and, that I needed the X-ray done at that time and that they said on the auto mated system and, on the phone when they called that they said to walk in at anytime they didn't care. they didn't have the courtesy to mention on the auto mated system or on the phone when they called that they were short staffed all week long and, they were very very rude at the front desk they behave like they don't understand English when they do I would never recommend Simon Med to anyone ever.

User's recommendation: Stay away from Simon Med forever.

Guest

You don’t wait five days to go for an x-ray and categorize it as an emergency. Do better.

Priscilla B Fcs

Never got my appt correct for over a month and kept rescheduling

I would never use them ever again. I had a breast ultrasound that had to be scheduled due to a lump found.

They called me from my drs orders scheduled me which kind you was all ready over 3 weeks out. The day before they call and go so sorry we needed to have a diagnostic with the ultrasound and we did not schedule that so we need to reschedule. To reschedule was now 2 weeks out. She swore she had them both scheduled and now I get another call and they say oh sorry you were not scheduled for both so we need to reschedule we.

From my initial call it has been a month and half and still no idea why I have a lump.

I just don't get how if you are calling to schedule you can not schedule correctly. I am the patient and do t know how you have to do things but now I need to I guess do there job as well.

Cons:
  • Have no clue what they are doing

User's recommendation: Would never recomend them.

Guest

You know this is strange. How did they manage to stay in this buisiness ?

Sharon C Wnf

| map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Extremely dissatisfied

They did the wrong test I had to go to another imaging business they wont refund my copay of 150.00 I still had to pay 150.00 to the other company Im a senior on a set income
Loss:
Pros:
  • Close to my house
Cons:
  • People answering phone do not understand
  • Will not refund my money
  • People on phone are rude

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Stay away

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article